The spring is a time for transformation! Rejuvenate your mind, body and soul before the cold air disappears and the flower buds make their appearance. The winter season can drain us of so many things including nutrients, energy and even our optimistic mindset. So as spring approaches, don’t remain under the covers. Start feeling like yourself again as you prepare for the warm weather.
Rejuvenating your body isn’t a difficult process. Getting past the laziness brought on by the winter blues is the hardest part. Try to change your mindset and focus on spring on the horizon. The warmer air and excitement of spring can evoke happiness that will have you kissing the winter blues goodbye! Start preparing for the new season with a fresh perspective and healthier appearance with these ten tips.
- Put Your Mind to Rest. Take up yoga or meditation to preserve your sanity and find peace. Meditation, yoga and other similar forms of exercise can bring peace to your mind and soul. Practice a form of meditative exercise daily to help clear your mind. Meditative exercise with stretching involved allows you to breathe deeper while toning your body.
- Free Your Body. Get rid of the impurities in your body by detoxifying. There are many ways to free the body of toxins, depending on what you’re aiming to do. For example, you can detoxify the skin by using all natural face masks or cleansing with plant-based oils.
- Make sure that you stay hydrated throughout the winter. Drinking beverages like hot chocolate can deprive your body of the refreshing water that it needs. Staying hydrated will keep your energy levels up and your skin looking youthful.
- Save Your Energy. We’re not telling you to be lazy, but you should avoid putting too much energy into anything that’s not a meaningful priority. Take the time to observe your surroundings rather than getting wrapped up in them. Keep your mind quiet and your conscious clear.
- Soak up the Sun. Remember the outdoors? Well, it’s time to get back out there. Soak in as much of the sun as you can, even if it’s still chilly. Taking advantage of spending time outdoors on a regular basis can improve your mood and outlook.
- Put Down the Twinkies. Ease up when it comes to consuming sugary carbohydrates. Many of us are guilty of this in the winter, but as spring approaches, start eating more mindfully. Eating right and ensuring you get all of the essential nutrients is always wise. Both your mind and body benefit tremendously from eating healthy.
- Sleep More. While most of us claim to hibernate during the winter, our sleeping patterns tend to fluctuate enormously during the season. Make sure you are getting plenty of rest and maintaining a regular schedule to the best of your ability.
- Time to Get Active. Instead of rolling out of bed dreading the day, start it off with a simple exercise routine. If exercising isn’t something you’re particularly interested in, find anything active you love that will help you work those muscles. A few push-ups, a game of basketball, or a bike ride are fun forms of exercise, and much better than doing nothing at all.
- Ditch the Old Skincare Products. Get rid of your old skincare products to begin preparing for spring. Every season calls for slight shifts in your skincare routine. However, the use of all-natural and organic products should be a constant. Using harsh chemicals on your skin will only encourage a faster aging process, making skin look rough and less youthful.
- Find an Aroma that Pleases Your Senses. Fill your home with pleasant, refreshing scents! Lavender and other floral scents help you bring spring inside your home. Buy essential oils, candles, and other naturally scented items to put around your home. You can also try bringing in a new house plant to help filter the air of impurities.
Preparing your mind and body for spring can be very fulfilling. Fight the urge to hide until the snow is completely gone and the birds come back to sing. Start the rejuvenation process now and by spring, you will feel like a more youthful, best version of yourself.