Contrary to popular belief, spring cleaning isn’t just for your home. Your entire skin regimen can use a refresh, since the climate is milder in the spring. While you’re thinking about making your home look clean and fresh, you should also consider your skin. Who wouldn’t want to enter the new season feeling rejuvenated, confident and happy with their appearance?
Fortunately, there are some simple skincare tips you can follow to ensure the youthful, glowing appearance of our skin as we enter the new season. Although some of these tips and tricks may sound quirky, we know you’ll love the outcome for your face!
- Say Goodbye to Dry Skin. Get rid of any dry skin that crept up on you during the winter season. The bitter cold sucks all of the moisture from your skin. Make sure you replenish this moisture by using organic oils and all-natural moisturizers frequently. It is also critical that you avoid over drying your skin. Always pat your skin and hair lightly to remove excess water after bathing or washing your hands.
- Don’t Eat the Sugar. As tempting as sweets are, it is best to avoid them. Extra sugar in your diet can speed up the aging process, making your skin look tired and damaged. Instead of consuming sugar, try creating an all-natural scrub with it. Mix sugar with honey or oils for a fabulous exfoliation treatment.
- Raccoons Come Out at Night. Facial masks should be a part of your nightly routine. Combine natural, organic ingredients to produce a one-of-a-kind facial mask. Apply your mask generously to your already clean face. Let the facial treatment harden before you rinse it off with warm water and pat your face dry. One simple DIY mask to try is a combination of raw egg, honey and sour cream.
- What’s that Smell? Use aromatic plant-based oils to create unique facial cleansers. Oil cleansing is a great way to rid your skin of dirt and bacteria. This method includes one part castor oil and ten parts of another oil of your choice. Another way to use oils is to add essential oils to your bath along with rose petals. Not only will you smell wonderful, but your skin will reap the benefits of the oils, leaving you with a beautiful glow.
- Drop the Soap. We’re not asking you to stop washing your body! However, you should drop the soap in favor of an all-natural body wash. By combining plant-based oils with other organic ingredients, you can create a scrub that will clean just as well as the abrasive soaps you find at your local grocery store.
- Feel Silky. Combine oils, cocoa butter, avocado, beeswax, and other ingredients to create thick, creamy body butter. Mix the ingredients you choose to use and warm them slightly in the microwave until all of the ingredients are liquefied. Allow the mixture to cool thoroughly before using. Then apply the mixture to your skin after your shower.
- Don’t Forget Your Hands! Not only is it important to care for the skin on our faces, but on our hands too. Our hands are often exposed to much more than the skin on our face is. Excessive washing and a lack of protection can create dry, coarse-looking hands. Fortunately, there are an abundance of natural hand treatments you can create right at home. Mix beeswax, oils, honey and baking soda. As with all wax-based mixtures, the combination will need to be heated up and left to cool overnight before you can apply it to your hands.
- The Ups and Downs of H20. Water can be our worst enemy and our best friend. It all depends on how you use it, as well as at what temperature. Avoid using and drinking hot water throughout the winter if you want to step up your skin’s appearance by springtime. Hot water drastically dries out the skin. It is important to stay hydrated, and the best way to do so is by drinking cool water.
If you stay on top of your daily skincare regime, by spring you’ll have heads turning, and people wanting to know your secret for radiant skin!